Some activities that we engage in on a regular basis:
Check our regularly updated calendar, packed with Shabbat and holiday celebrations, opportunities for learning, and connecting with community.
- Kabbalat Shabbat Services: Monthly Kabbalat Shabbat services led by Rabbi Julie or another spiritual leader, usually held at the Ethical Society.
- High Holiday Services: Full High Holiday Services conducted by Rabbi Julie and Cantorial Candidate Jessi Roemer, at the Ethical Society building. Tickets not required although donations are requested.
- Shabbat Morning Services: Lay-led services, including Torah service and discussion, held at the Ethical Society the first Saturday of each month from September through June and at a member's home in July and August.
- Friday Night Home Shabbat: A brief lay-led service followed by a pot-luck dinner, held at a congregant's home monthly.
- Social Action: Committee plans service projects which are supported by the congregation.
- Bagels & Books: Periodic programs to enjoy and discuss Jewish literature and partake in Sunday brunch in a salon setting.
- Educational Programs: Often led by Rabbi Julie, we offer classes and workshops on a variety of topics.
- Retreat or Shabbaton: Held annually, we gather to enjoy a Shabbat together in a relaxed setting.
- Passover Seder: We invite the larger community to our annual second night Passover Seder.
- Purim, Hanukkah and other Holiday Celebrations